Peptic Ulcer Disease
What are peptic ulcers?
Different factors will cause the liner of the abdomen, the gullet, and therefore the bowel to break down.
- Helicobacter pylori (H.pylori): a bacterium which will cause a abdomen infection and inflammation
- Frequent use of anodyne, ibuprofen,(NSAIDs), and alternative medicinal drug medication (risk related to this behavior will increase in women and other people over the age of sixty.
- Drinking an excessive amount of alcohol
- Radiation therapy
- Stomach cancer
Symptoms of peptic ulcers
The most common symptom of a peptic ulcer is burning abdominal pain that extends from the navel to the chest, which may vary from gentle to severe.
Note: Pain usually comes many hours after a meal once the abdomen is empty. It is usually worse at night time and early morning.
Other common signs of a peptic ulcer include:
- changes in appetite
- bloody or dark stools (melena)
- significant weight loss
- chest pain
Small peptic ulcers might not show any symptoms within the early phases
Untreated ulcers will deteriorate over time and cause a lot of serious health complications,
Perforation: A hole develops within the lining of the abdomen or bowel associate degreed causes an infection. an indication of a perforated lesion is fulminant, severe abdominal pain.
Internal bleeding: hemorrhage ulcers may result in vital blood loss and so need hospitalization. Signs of a hemorrhage lesion embody lightheadedness, dizziness, and black stools.
Scar tissue: this is often thick tissue that develops after an injury. This tissue makes it tough for food to pass through your digestive tract. Signs of scar tissue includes throwing up and weight loss.
- Reduction of risk factors(NSAIDs and cigarette)
- Use of antacids
- Use of antibiotics
- Eating balanced diet
- Surgery is also performed in some cases that don’t answer medical treatment.
How to Forestall Peptic Ulcers
Certain life style habits will cut back your risk of developing organic process ulcers. These include:
- Not drinking too much alcoholic beverages per day
- Not mixing alcohol with medication
- Washing your hands often to avoid infections
- Maintaining a healthy life style through a diet wealthy in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains
- Quitting smoking and alternative tobacco use will assist you forestall developing a peptic ulcer.