3 out of 5 Nigerians have a steroid containing preparation which is either for toning or whitening, most of them work for the first time and then stop working later on. This causes a need for the ones with higher concentrations not knowing the side effects they pose to our health.
Some of the side effects of steroids include Stretch marks, Darkening of the skin, Acne popularly called pimples. The first part of you people see is your skin, little wonder we want to make it as attractive as possible. No doubt you almost always plan to have your bath as part of the preparation, the question then remains how do you take you bathe ?
Bathing is an act that is meant to refresh your body, even though the results you get depend on how often and how well you carry out this act just like with routines consistency is important. In addition to the essential materials which include sponge, soap and clean water, bathing at the same time every day should be consistent and helps your skin more so do not bathe by 6:30am today and then 9:50am the next day, it does not help your skin.
Water is best for bathing because it has the tendency to absorb the natural oils which accumulate on our skin.
For a healthy skin ,ensure you do the following:
- Bathe with warm water : this improves the flow of blood to your skin,it helps to remove dirt more efficiently as well, note warm water not hot
2. Do not bathe for too long: you should not have your bathe for as long as 30 minutes. It deprives your body of its essential oil, rather a bath of 10-15 minutes is ideal. Especially when the weather is cold, shorten the duration of your bath.
3. Avoid soaps especially on your face, they could be so harsh that they rid you of the oils your skin requires so only use soaps occasionally.
- Avoid rubbing with towels, just dab your skin, moisturize your skin immediately. Its better to use natural oils rather than creams which could cause your pores to become clogged.
5. Bathe daily, if you can do twice a day it will make your skin even glow better.
Creams are not all that changes your skin, bathing does a lot more. Your skin reflects a lot going on inside of you pay close attention to it.
This article was written by Doctor Ilori Ololade Victoria from Lagos, Nigeria. You can check out her blog on drlade.wordpress.com