Castor Oil for Skin
Oil in beauty regimen is an age old practice. Asian tradition especially has a long list of oils that promise amazing hair and skin. One among these is castor oil. Everyone living in India, specifically in the south would not have missed reference to the famous castor oil. Be it as a laxative, strong hair potion or an assurance for great and smooth skin; castor oil has its own share of goodies. Here we will discuss few benefits that castor oil has for skin, and off we go…
- If you are suffering from dry skin and your regular moisturizer is working just fine but you are on the lookout for a permanent solution; castor could be the one for you. It has the capacity to penetrate deep within the epidermis and handle dryness. Castor oil excellently hydrates skin, seals moisture and works on dry skin problems. If you are fan of homemade face packs for dry skin, you can easily include castor oil as one among the ingredients, or you can use this directly on face and wash off after few minutes. You can also use these home remedies to do skin polishing at home.
- Dry skin is one of the major causes of premature skin ageing. When you have taken care of this with castor oil you have also found a solution for anti ageing.
- Castor oil is also one of the best agents to keep skin infections at bay. It contains a compound that helps in skin disinfection and detoxification. This will get rid of bacterial build up which means reduced acne.
- Cleansing skin, removing impurities from clogged pores can also be done using castor oil. Rubbing a little of castor oil on face and washing off with warm water is the best way to cleanse skin and clogged glands. You can remove whiteheads by maintaining clean and cleansed skin.
- Castor oil can also be used to relieve tired eyes. You can use it as an under eye solution for dark circles and puffy eyes. However, remember to do this during the day. Any oil applied around the eyes during the nights will result in puffy eyes.
- The healing properties of castor oil have been made use of to reduce and prevent scarring. Diminish acne and pimple scars or any other cars by applying some castor oil on the affected area on a regular basis. Castor oil hastens skin renewal and helps to fade scars and dark spots. Follow the home remedies for fair skin to reduce dark spots.
- Fungal infections can also be treated using castor oil. You can use it to treat ringworm infection, athletic foot, or other fungal skin problems.
- For the same reason, this also works as an excellent solution for stretch marks. You can use castor oil as a preventive measure to keep away stretch marks or after you’ve got them to slowly fade the marks.
All you got to do is use castor oil directly on skin for each of the above mentioned skin problems. Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water. You can also use castor oil in combination with other home remedies to treat skin problems. As long as the magic works for good, find relief with this simple yet wonderful oil!
Sancta, a post graduate in English Literature, true to the education loves to be wrapped into a world of poetry and the scent of old books. After short experiments in different fields of business, she is currently following her passion as beauty blogger at Lifestylica.