Have you experienced some memory problems? Do you feel difficulties when trying to create new memories and/or recall old ones? Well, if you are reading this article, chances are that you are, unfortunately, starting to deal with Improved Memory. And that is not at all surprising.
As we get old, our body changes and that includes our mind as well. Memory problems are a normal thing that occurs as a result of the aging process, at least when they are within somewhat called – normal ranges. It is not a bad idea to visit a doctor just to determine that there is no risk of Alzheimer’s disease or Dementia of course.
But until then, there are a lot of things that you can do to improve your memories and fight back during the aging process to keep your memories intact. What we are about to share are 5 of the best tricks that you can use to do so!
Why do memory changes occur?
As we mentioned in the introduction part, memory changes normally occur as a result of the aging process. These memory changes can occur as a result to brain injuries since there is a clear link between brain injuries and memory loss, but what we want to concentrate on today is the normal aging process and its impact on our memory.
Your whole body is changing, and these changes affect your brain and mind as well. This most often results in memory changes. And with today’s busy schedules, stress, unhealthy diets and inefficient physical activity, this process seems to occur more sooner than expected. The thing is that by following some key steps you can work to help your brain hold on to your memories stronger than ever.
It is actually a process known as neurogenesis during which new neurons grow in your brain when encouraged through some effective techniques. This process is especially important when it comes to your hypothalamus since this is the brain’s memory center. Now let’s discuss the 5 tricks that you can use to improve your memory, shall we?
The 5 tricks that will improve your memory in no time!
- Start exercising – There is a variety of physical activities that you can choose from and from which both your body and mind can benefit from. As we grow older, our bodies experience certain difficulties in the form of limited mobility, hypertension, the risk of heart disease and diabetes, Erectile dysfunction and so on. So it is essential to work our way towards removing any health risk from the way by choosing a healthy and effective technique. And exercising is one of them! Regular exercise will help you improve your physical and mental health and prevent any health risks. Exercise is actually proven to help our brain improve its cognitive abilities which include our ability to learn, think, create and recall memories, concentrate and so on. So go on, choose your favorite exercise activity and start working your way up to progress!
- Quit smoking – A study published in the American Journal of Addictions investigated the impact of tobacco use on the cognitive abilities. What this research found out after comparing the cognitive abilities of smokers to the ones of nonsmokers is that smokers showed significant cognitive impairments as compared with the nonsmokers. Smoking is a bad enough habit that harms your whole body, and now you know that your brain is not excluded from the process. Reconsider quitting this awful habit if you are interested in improving your health.
- Find a new interesting activity that you can master – Perhaps now is the best time ever to take on a new, fun activity that you can make it be your new hobby. Perhaps you can try and learn a new language, which has been shown to cause special improvements in the cognitive functions of the brain and slow down the cognitive decline. You can also try digital photography or quail, which are mentally demanding activities that will engage your brain. Plus, it will give you an opportunity to kill the boredom. Playing different brain games can also engage your brain in a fun way and help boost your memory as well as the other cognitive functions of the brain. Perhaps you can remind yourself how you were playing cards with your children when they were little and introduce this activity once again into your quality time with them.
- Reconsider the way you eat – Now that you are older, you need to keep a better watch over your diet. It means that you need to focus on regular intake of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, healthy fats and lots of proteins. One very special compound known as Phosphatidylserine, which although is normally produced in the brain, should be intaken through food to make sure that your brain is satisfying its needs for it. Phosphatidylserine is important due to its ability to prevent Alzheimer’s disease, slow down the aging process of the brain, fight depression and improve the symptoms caused by Parkinson’s disease. So make sure that your diet includes some of the biggest sources of Phosphatidylserine out there such as chicken, soy lecithin, tuna, eggs, milk, kefir, cruciferous vegetables and so on.
- Consider taking a cognitive enhancer supplement – There is a variety of cognitive enhancer supplements that you can choose from. These supplements are designed to improve your ability to focus, think, solve problems, and create memories as well as recall old ones. Many of these supplements also promise to prevent Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease. You can consult your doctor on which is the best supplement for you like Addium can easily be. But we do recommend to search for a supplement that is made only using natural ingredients instead of intaking any chemicals that may actually do more harm than help you in the first place.
The aging process can have a huge impact on one’s life. For example, for women, it is the period of menopause that occurs due to the aging process that can easily and very commonly lead to depression, anxiety and so on. For men, it is Erectile dysfunction and Premature ejaculation that they can very easily suffer from.
But cognitive impairments affect both men and women at some point in their lives due to the aging process. And they can create additional problems and even lead to difficult conditions such as dementia, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s disease. So what we have shared in today’s article are 5 very effective techniques that are supposed to help you cope with the memory changes but also prevent the potential risk conditions and improve the quality of your life.
These techniques perhaps seem as simple but are in fact very efficient at what they are supposed to accomplish for your body and mind. Perhaps you always wanted to learn to speak Italian or German or even write in Latin! Well now is the best time to fulfill your wishes since some of them may actually help you boost your brain’s cognitive functions!