Before getting started with the topic of today, let’s first talks a bit about lasik surgery, what it is and how effective is it. You see almost every other person in the world is suffering through ocular diseases and in most of the cases; people have a problem of nearsightedness and farsightedness. Now, when it comes to the eyesight problem, we all know that there are two things that can be done, either you have to wear contact lenses or you have to wear eyeglasses. Not many know about the third alternative and that is the lasik surgery which in other words, is known as the laser surgery.
What Is Lasik Surgery?
Lasik surgery is quite a popular treatment that helps in the correction of the vision problems. The basic ocular issues that can be fixed through lasik surgery are nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. What basically happens is that with lasik surgery, your cornea gets reshaped and the light then passes through it just like it should pass. The best thing about this surgery is that it comes with long term effects and no blades or surgical instruments are used in it, in fact, all the reshaping of your cornea and the correction of your vision is done by using a special type of laser. As far as the price of lasik surgery is concerned, well, know that it is going to differ as per the area. You just have to make some research and find the best and the nearest doctor who can provide you this surgery at a reasonable price.
Now if you are someone who is confused about lasik surgery then you need to stick to this article a little longer because we are now going to tell you about the advantages and disadvantages of this surgery so that you can make a clearer decision.
Advantages of Lasik
- The best thing about this surgery is that it comes with a long term effect and the success rate is quite high with this surgery.
- You get the results of this surgery just after a day or two and you start seeing everything perfectly just like a normal person.
- There are absolutely no bandages and no stitches included. You just get it all done with complete ease.
- There can be adjustable vision changes, especially if you start getting vision problems due to aging, you can easily get it treated with no cost on you.
- You will never have to wear any lenses or glasses to see things clearly. One this surgery is done; you will then be free from all such things.
- This surgery includes no cutting or use of surgical tools, everything goes nice and smooth and you don’t have to go through much pain.
Disadvantages of Lasik
It is important for you to get your lasik surgery done by a highly professional person because the changes that are made to the cornea, they are permanent and any error cannot be reversed no matter what happens.
In some rare cases, the person may not be able to get the best vision that is expected with lasik and there are chances that the person will have to keep wearing eye glasses or lens to see with complete perfection.
Not everyone is qualified for this procedure and in some cases this surgery won’t work.
These are a few major advantages and disadvantages of lasik surgery and it’s always better to consult a professional before getting into this process. You have to make sure that the doctor who is going to perform this surgery, he is professional enough that there are no chances of any kind of error or mistake because as said earlier, any mistake made during the operation cannot be reversed or fixed. So, it’s better to consult someone and then start with the process.