In this era, a various type, style, and manufacturer of hearing aids are available to select a comfortable hearing device. Small hearing aids are an available custom in a style which is completely-in-the-canal and invisible in the canals. Both styles are fitted inside the ear.
When you’re hearing professional restricts you from wearing small and custom fitted hearing aid then you can choose other styles of hearing aids such as behind the ear (BTE) hearing aid, receiver in the ear (RITE) hearing aid and receiver in the canal (RIC) hearing aids. This device is connected to a very thin unnoticeable clear tube. The color of the device is designed similar to skin and hair color. A RIC and RITE hearing device is a lightweight, comfortable and easy to use and it is comfortable for those who don’t want or like visible hearing aids. There are various Pros and Cons of small hearing aids.
- Small hearing aids are attractive in style and these small hearing aid are approximately invisible in the canal. It does not have any external tubes or wires and it is lightweight and comfortable to the ear.
- The position of small hearing aid in the ear makes it easy to use and outer ear protect it from wind as well as during outdoor activities. It produces more natural sounds than others. Their location in the ear protects it from damage and reduces occlusion effect. This device needs less power to transmit sound.
- It improves conversion and understanding of speech. It is good in a start, stop and amplifying high pitch sound which is common in conversations.
- It has targeted amplification of a specific sound which you want to try to focus on.
- Small hearing aids are available in the various varieties of styles and configurations.
- It is not comfortable for all individual who has a severe problem or high level of hearing loss. It not completely fit in an every people ear canal that has short and differently shaped ear canal.
- This type of hearing aid has small battery life and you need to charge them shortly. The life of the battery in small hearing aid is 61 to 98 hours. It provides limited features and doesn’t have a directional microphone. It does not have a feature to remove background noise because of this people face problem in a different situation such as in noisy restaurants, family gathering and traveling in the public transport. The controls of small hearing aids are hard to see and fell and replacing battery is not easy. It is also not comfortable for those who have vision and dexterity problem.
- The small hearing aids are more costly than other style of hearing aids.
- Due to their small size you may get problem in cleaning and maintenance of device such as removing earwax.
While purchasing a suitable hearing device, consult a hearing health professional or a audiologist. The previously mentioned points are not composed for any sort of discouragement. There are various types of individuals with various ear structures and with differing hearing loss. Distinctive hearing devices suits different individuals, for instance, the individuals who need behind the ear amplifier utilize Receiver-in-the canal (RIC) and on the other hand Receiver-in-the ear (RITE) as their little size is exceptionally comfortable when worn.
They come in various colours and furthermore contain almost invisible tube. They are best for the individuals who have extreme deafness. These lightweight hearing gadgets are anything but difficult to deal with.
Author Bio: Sonia Arya is a content writer at Hearing solutions. A professional writer by day and a reader at night, who focuses on health, business, and marketing related topics. She has a passion for helping business by providing digital marketing content that increases the traffic and search engine visibility.