Bariatric Exam Tables – Serving Your Patients with the Best
Bariatric Examination table is a medical equipment which deals with the prevention and treatment of obesity. These tasks include dieting, exercise and therapy of behavior. All these lead to significant weight loss. It can also include surgery and pharmacotherapy. These tables are specifically designed with automatic adjustable technique. There is no requirement of scrolling down the table on the floor. These tables are designed from steel and hence are stronger. You can find these tables in hospitals, clinics and diagnostic centers. They can be even adjusted with the help of remote controls and the patients are provided with the comfort they require. Let’s have a look at certain things related to these tables.
Why do people need to undergo bariatric surgery?
Obesity has become the biggest problem nowadays. It is becoming the source of most of the health problems all over the globe. It causes serious harm to our health. People with very high body mass index are at the risk of many medical problems. Their obesity can cause heart disease, cancer, respiration disorders and diabetes. Overweight people whether adults or children are unable to lose their weight on their own even if they go for dieting or exercise. Once they stop doing it, they again gain additional weight. In these situations, bariatric surgery proves to be helpful. It can help the patients lose the weight and improve their condition.
Features of a bariatric examination table
The bariatric examination tables can handle the heavy weight of the patient and have fully formulated power back section. Some of their features are listed below.
- Unified surface with extra comfort
- Easily gliding comfort straps
- Padded and removable leg-rest
- Paper holder
- Storage drawers
- Strong frame coated with steel
- Medium density foam for providing comfort.
- A good warranty period.
Different bariatric examination tables available in the market
As mentioned earlier, bariatric examination tables are made up of robust material like steel and have wide surfaces to accommodate large-sized patients. They can hold up to 500Kg of the weight. There are various types of bariatric examination tables and all of them have unique purposes and uses.
- Static treatment tables- This type of tables are made of very innovative designs. They are considered as the most dependable tables out of the available ones. They have a cabinet like design which has ample of storage space under the surface and that space can be accessed easily.
- Mat treatment tables- The surface of these tables is large and flat. They are known for their maximum stability. They have the much-needed adjustment features and can hold up to 550 kg of weight. They have the capability to raise such a huge weight up to a certain extent where the doctor can easily examine the patients.
- Motorized treatment tables- These types of bariatric examination tables are specifically designed for disabled or elderly patients who cannot move on themselves. The height of the table is adjusted electrically. These tables can even get converted into wheelchairs as and when necessary. They are beneficial not only for the patients but also for the practitioners. However, their capacity to hold the weight is low. They can lift only up to 300 Kg of weight.
- Tilt treatment table- These tables are the advanced ones. Patients can be bound to the table in the standing position and the table slowly lowers to get them into lying position. These tables are meant for loading and unloading heavy weight patient without even touching them.
This is all about bariatric examination table. You can order them from the stores as well as online. They are beneficial for both patients as well as doctors.